McCrory makes key cabinet appointments | News
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)- North Carolina Gov.-elect Pat McCrory has named a close political ally and a veteran business executive to join his upcoming Cabinet.
McCrory said Thursday that Dr. Aldona Wos of Greensboro will be his secretary of health and human services, while John Skvarla of Pinehurst will be secretary of environment and natural resources.
Wos is a former U.S. ambassador to Estonia and physician who worked in McCrory's gubernatorial campaign, leading the "Women for McCrory" movement.
Skvarla currently is chief executive of Restoration Systems of Raleigh, which repairs wetlands and protects streams.
McCrory also said transition team executive director Thomas Stith will be his chief of staff when the former Charlotte mayor is sworn in Jan. 5. McCrory says he'd like to have his entire Cabinet in place by then.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Uptown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins