Carolinas bracing for a blast of cold weather | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A cold front will push through the Carolinas this afternoon and evening, bringing with it a chilly weekend.
After several days in the 60s, a more seasonal weather pattern returns Friday night behind a front that's expected to drop high temperatures by more than 15 degrees over the next 24 hours. Even with plentiful sunshine, highs will only make it into the low 50s Saturday.
With a rainfall deficit over 7 inches, we could use some rain. However, this system is starved of moisture and we'll have to wait for the next front to bring any chance of precipitation back to the Piedmont. Only a few sprinkles are expected in the High Country with the passage of this front.
For a preview of when rain returns to the forecast, click here.
Upcoming Events near Uptown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins