Man gets part of ear bitten off at uptown bar, police say | Crime
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police say a man bit part of another man's ear off at an uptown Charlotte bar early Monday morning.
Police responded to Dixie's Tavern on the 300 block of E. 7th Street in reference to an assault call at 1:25 a.m., according to the report from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
More From WBTV.com
- Bicyclist exposing himself to women in Charlotte
- 3 injured, emergency crews surveying damage left behind by storms
- Police: Woman sent nude pictures of herself to teen girl on Facebook
- Second body recovered, victims identified in High Rock plane crash
- Cross-dressing men involved in shoe theft, police say
Joseph Occhipinti, 36, told police that a man assaulted him at the bar by biting the top half of his right ear off.
Occhipinti was taken to Presbyterian Hospital with minor injuries, according to the report.
The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Uptown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins