Man with jaw wired shut attacked, wires ripped out, police say | Crime
CENTER CITY - Police say a man with his jaw wired shut was attacked near uptown Charlotte and the suspect ripped the wires out of his mouth.
According to a police report, 48-year-old Wilson Johnson flagged down a police officers along the 600 block of Seaboard Avenue on Sunday night at 11:41 p.m.
Johnson told officers that a man attacked him just minutes before, put his hands on Johnson's face and ripped out the wires that were in his jaw. According to the report, the officer could see where the suspect had removed the pins from the wire on Johnson's jaw.
Johnson was transported to Carolinas Medical Center to be treated for minor injuries.
Officers say Johnson knows the man who attacked him.
Upcoming Events near Uptown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins