Ask Me How I Am Event | Community Spirit
CENTER CITY - The recent Youth Risk Behavior Survey shows that 23 percent of middle school and 28 percent of high school students in Mecklenburg County have felt sad or hopeless every day for two weeks or more.
Today is National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day and due to growing interest, the "Ask Me How I Am" event will now be held tonight at Great Aunt Stella Center on 926 Elizabeth Ave.
To raise awareness about youth mental health challenges and build community support, MeckCARES and its community partners are hosting Ask Me How I Am.
The event will offer family testimonials, an appearance by Miss North Carolina, a viewing of the Junior League of Charlotte’s film “In Our Words,” a facilitated discussion about stigma, and resources for families.
All ages are welcome to this special event. There will be door prizes and gifts, too!
- Date: Thursday, May 6th
- Time: 5:30pm
- Free Admission
- Venue: Great Aunt Stella Center
- Address: 926 Elizabeth Avenue in Charlotte
5:30pm: Food and Entertainment
6pm: Special Sneak Preview Screening - PBS documentary Misunderstood Epidemic
6:15pm: Screening of In Our Words and Family Discussion
Need more information or want to RSVP? Please click HERE or call 704.371.8855.
Upcoming Events near Uptown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teachers teach students not to be a product of their environment
- Meck Co. Health Dept helping residents register for Health Care
- Union County DSS case sparks Meck Co. to ask questions
- Saints return to New Orleans delayed, shortening preps for Panthers
- Update: Victim identified in east Charlotte homicide
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins